We The People

We The People

Wednesday, May 6, 2015

True American Spirit

By Tammy Derouin

Many people have such a deep interest in preserving our heritage but feel helpless and no longer know what to do to preserve it.  Over the years, several concerned individuals have contacted me.  There is such genuine concern for the future of our country.  Our freedom and independence is hanging on a broken limb.

I feel there are more of us who are concerned about the direction of this country than those who are creating chaos. We are not silently standing by watching as our country crumbles into pieces.  We are being silenced.  The true American spirit, anything and everything which makes us unique, our Americana, is being destroyed.  When and why did it become American to be un-American? 

When did it become acceptable to silence those who do not agree with the ruling party?  When did it become fashionable to lie and deceive because it fulfills an agenda?  When did our rights become commodities, easily traded for security?  When did Americans decide it was easier to get a handout than to give the helping hand?  Why did America, the once greatest, strongest and unwavering nation in the world, give up?  Why did America usher in evil and sacrifice truth, justice and the American way? 

Most Americans were brought up with a basic understanding of why our country is so unique.  Most understand that the War of Independence was necessary.  A basic history, even if history wasn’t your best subject, is understood.  There was pride in knowing why we are here.

I would love to believe that forthcoming generations will be raised with the same love of country and with the belief that we are exceptional because we are free.  However, there is so little evidence to support such a belief.  It saddens me when I see and read quite the contrary.  Basic American history is unknown by students in our public school systems.  Yet somehow, they advance to colleges and universities.  Who is to blame?  You can’t blame the kids if the curriculum excludes the knowledge of how and why we are free.

Why would deception be used to take control of our schools, our children?  One of the first major votes of this ultra-transparent administration was to pass the stimulus package, which included the first major strike against the American people.  We have since learned they wish to control so much more than our schools and our children.  It should be transparently clear, but that would involve history.

On a personal note, I struggle with this column every single week.  I try to balance a full time job and the responsibilities of being a happily divorced mom.  It can be extremely difficult to find the time and even the desire to dive into this new reality. At the end of the day I have stories of extreme corruption, abuse of power and betrayal waiting for me to sort through.  They are all conveniently located and easy to find, right in the heart of our very own government.   

With the responsibilities of life, which we all have, and the sheer exhaustion at the end of the day, I sometimes wonder if it’s worth it.  It’s no longer as simple as turning on the Six O’clock News. The main stream media no longer delivers the truth.  It takes time and energy to sort through countless, unbelievable stories to find the topic of the week.

Every experience I’ve had, the good and the bad has taught me well.  I recognize abuse of power.  I know and understand what it feels like to be intimidated, interrogated, blamed, tracked, followed, hacked, ransacked, robbed, subjected to different sets of rules, mocked, belittled, and dismissed. I’ve been wrongly accused, presumed guilty until proven innocent by the same judge, jury and executioner. 

I understand what it feels like to have someone want ultimate power and control over every aspect of my life.  In short, I understand narcissism and tyranny.  Over time, I realized the only way to break the cycle was to declare my independence.  War is hell.  I suffered many losses but in the end, I won the war.  I’m a free individual today.

Why would I want to go back to such a controlled life?  All the late nights and all the struggles, with the horrible realities the main stream media refuses to report, are necessary.  When I have those moments when I would rather look away, I force myself to look.  I want to be able to tell my daughters I didn’t sit on the sidelines.  Where do you stand, on the sidelines or on the line of scrimmage? 

I want to thank Ken O.  Your sincerity and words of such deep concern, on so many levels, were inspiring.  Burning the midnight oil continues. 

“Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God.”

Benjamin Franklin


No comments:

Post a Comment